Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tapes
Thermally and mechanically join surfaces without hardware
Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tapes combine mechanical attachment with improved thermal conductivity between joined surfaces. Utilizing these tapes reduces the thermal resistance between surfaces with a thin bond line of thermally conductive acrylic adhesive. Adhesive Tapes are commonly used to adhere LED light bars or semiconductor packages to heat sink surfaces.
Boyd’s Transtherm® Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tapes feature pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs). Adhesive Tapes only require pressure for application and do not need require heat cycling for maximum bonding. Transtherm® Adhesive Tapes have an easy peel and stick application, which can replace mechanical attachment hardware like springs and screws to decrease installation time.
Transtherm® Adhesive Tapes are ideal for sensitive applications since they’ are composed of silicone-free acrylic. Reinforcement material options provide high mechanical stability and typically feature double-sided adhesive, which makes reinforced tapes beneficial components in an integrated, multifunctional assembly. To ensure the best adhesion, tapes should be checked for compatibility of application substrates, which is dependent on their surface energy.
Transtherm® Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tapes conform with REACH and RoHS regulations.
To learn more about Materials and Solutions please click the arrows below
Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tapes Materials
Transtherm® Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tapes:
- Polyimide Carrier, single sided or double sided with acrylic adhesive
- Polyester (PET) Carrier, double sided with acrylic adhesive
Boyd helps specify, source, and convert any thermal adhesive tapes that meet your specific application requirements. Other common thermally conductive tapes include:
- Aluminum Foil
- Copper Foil
- DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide film Adhesives:
- Acrylic – for metallic or ceramic substrates
- Silicones – for plastic substrates
- Rubber – for plastic substrates
Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tapes Solutions
- Combine with heat sinks or fan heat sink combos for fast installation of a complete thermal management solution
- Apply to ultra thin vapor chambers or heat pipes to create thin, easy to install heat spreading solutions.
Hover over the Key Industries below to see popular applications for Heat Shields