Temperature Control Technologies
Control heat flow, dissipate heat safely, and protect systems
Temperature control in the form of thermal management, heat control, shielding and insulation are critical to reliable and effective product design. Manufacturers consistently push the performance of electronics and high energy devices, which all need some level of heat transfer or insulation for safe, long term operation.
Boyd Corporation has decades of experience resolving and innovating new solutions for effective heat transfer or shielding for a broad range of industries and applications. As we’ve grown our technologies, we’re able to help you select the right thermal management solution whether you need to conduct, convect, radiate, insulate, shield or integrate multiple methods of temperature control for advanced applications that require sophisticated and multi-faceted solutions.
Our technologies enable us to manage heat in a variety of ways to help meet a broad range of application requirements. The tools in our thermal toolbox enable us to:
- Spread heat across a surface to mitigate high heat densities
- Transport and convect heat in order to dissipate heat safely and effectively
- Refrigerate systems for ambient and sub ambient cooling with tight temperature control
- Insulate and shield heat to protect sensitive components from excessive heat, or trap heat in to maintain adequate temperatures for performance
In this section, learn more about different methods of temperature control and how Boyd implements these different technologies and techniques to manage the heat in our customer’s systems.
- Fundamentals of Heat Transfer
- Medtronic RF Ablation Analysis Case Study
- Novel Conduction-Cooling Techniques Enable Full VPX Functionality
- Passive Heat Transfer Devices Respond to Satellite Application Demands
- Passive Thermal Technology: Small Solutions for Big Challenges
- Perspectives on New Materials
- Reducing Contact Thermal Resistance
- Thermal Design Considerations for Medical Devices to Improve Patient Safety
- Thermal Management for Today’s Medical Devices and Equipment
- Thermal Management Preserves Accuracy in NASA's Satellite
- Thermal Management: Solving Bigger Challenges in Smaller Medical Devices
- Thermally Optimized Medical Devices Improve Patient Outcomes
- Top 10 Tips for Efficient Thermal Management
- Trends in Military System Thermal Management